The present age is the industrial age. In this era, the work should be done quickly, and also it should be accurate, that is, it is important to produce with accuracy. Speeding up work is a special contribution of jig and fixture. Different types of devices are used to make a large number of different types of parts on big machines. Jig and fixture are such a setup, in which construction work and assembly work is done smoothly.
Table of Contents
What Is Jig And Fixture?
If the cutting process is done on any job, then force is applied to it from different directions. This force can push both the cutting tool and the workpiece out of place. Therefore, before doing any cutting process, it is necessary that the job should be kept in place and the cutting tool should not be allowed out of its cutting path, otherwise, the cutting process will not be done properly. Jig and Fixture are mainly used to fulfill both the above purposes.
Advantages Of Jig And Fixture
1. Chances of accidents are minimized.
2. Saves time by using jig and fixture
3. Its specialty is to produce well, high and low cost.
4. Both the quantity and quality of men increase.
5. There is no need to do different types of marking on the job.
6. By using this semiskilled worker is also able to produce more.
7. With its use, there is no need to measure and check the job again and again.
8. Using these it takes less time to set up the job.
9. By using Jig and Fixture, interchangeability comes in the parts and they are correct in assembling.
Purpose Of Jig And Fixture
1. Jig fixtures should be lightweight but have a strong grip.
2. There should be arrangements to guide the job in one position The clapping of the job should be easy and strong.
3. The chips made in the job should find a way out.
4. The jig and fixture should be made in such a way that many sizes of jobs can be used.
5. Arrangements should be made to hold the bigger picture firmly on the machine table
6. The corners of the jig and fixture should not be sharp.
7. All safety precautions should be taken while designing the liver and fixtures.
8. Jig and fixture should be used to increase the production rate.
9. Clapping multiple work segments together should be done.
10. There should be a facility to open the workpiece quickly and easily.
Generally, both the words jig and fixture are used together, which is why many people consider jig and fixture to be the same.
The jig is different, the definition of the jig is different, and the use of the jig is different.
In the same way, fixture is different, the definition of fixture is different, and the usage of fixture is different
What Is Jig?
A jig is a special device that holds the job firmly in a fixed position and also guides the cutting tool. The jig is made in such a way that it can hold one or more jobs together, it is used for drilling, rimming, tapping, boring and similar tasks.
1. A jig is a special device that holds the job firmly in place and guides the cutting tool to the cutting line.
2. There is no need for marking on the job while using the jig.
3. The jig is used for drilling and reaming etc.
4. A semiskilled worker can also work on the jig.
5. Jigs are light in weight; they are worked by clamping on the machine table.
6. Guide bushes are generally used in jigs.
Types of Jig?
In order to work on more production of the same type in the workshop, innumerable types of jigs are used according to the job, the names of some special types of jigs are as follows:-
What Is Fixture
The fixture is a clapping grip used to hold the job firmly in place during job machining. The fixture does not guide the tool. And there are many types of fixtures like drilling, milling, grinding, welding, turning, bending and assembly, etc.
1. A fixture is a clamp that holds the job firmly in place; the fixture does not guide the tool.
2. The job may require marking during the use of the fixture.
3. The fixer is used for clamping the job in operations like milling, shaping, turning, etc.
4. A semiskilled worker can also work on the fixture.
5. Fixtures are usually heavy, requiring them to be clamped with a machine table.
6. Guide Bush is used in the fixture.
Types of Fixture
The shape of the fixtures varies according to the work to be done on the workpiece. The shape of the fixtures depends on the machine on which they are to be used such as:-